The Communications Specialist will work to publicize and promote the Museum’s programs and initiatives, while assisting with the department and Museum objectives and maintain/produce digital content for the Museum’s website.
Primary Job Functions
• Promote organizational goals and programs through a variety of mediums and audiences, through effective media relations, including outreach to teams and media audiences
• Manage and create Web content, including Hall of Fame-branded web, social media and mobile app content
• Write for, edit, and fact check communications department materials when assigned, including: monthly and weekly newsletters, bi-monthly magazine, annual publications and material for Museum website
• Assist with overall media relations strategy, including working with crews on-site and by phone and email to prepare coverage
• Develop and pitch story ideas that help support organizational goals of increasing membership and attendance
• Maintain media relations contact databases and measure coverage through various analytics
• Prepare and provide for media requests of Hall of Fame related materials, including general publicity content
Associate Curator of HOF traveling exhibit “We Are Baseball” who will travel with the exhibit from venue to venue and act as liaison with the rest of the non-HOF traveling exhibit team. Job is a temporary position ending with the conclusion of the traveling exhibit, planned to be five or six years in length. Initial training and orientation will be based out of Cooperstown, NY, as well as any other required trainings throughout the duration of the position. Position will report to and be evaluated by Senior Curator, based at HOF, Cooperstown.
Primary Job Functions
• Represent and convey mission of the traveling exhibit and the Hall of Fame to visitors, media, and traveling exhibit staff
• Handle artifacts and perform installation/deinstallation of artifacts as necessary during the run of the traveling exhibit
• Complete and maintain records regarding condition reporting of artifacts during entire run of the Tour, as well as environmental/security monitoring
• Maintain and update all content (text, graphics, audio and video) for AV, interactive, and other changing elements of the traveling exhibit
• Complete and maintain all records regarding on-going maintenance and trouble-shooting of the exhibition during entire run of tour
• Help create and undertake educational and programming events, for visitors and special events
• Oversee and train docents and volunteers
• Manage off-season refurbishment and preparation for following season’s Tour
Part Time, Seasonal
Assist in the daily operations of the museum shop and comply with duties assigned by museum shop management. Demonstrate excellent communication skills and professional attitude. Previous experience in retail sales preferred. Baseball knowledge a plus.
Primary Job Functions
• Ensures customer needs are met and service is quick and efficient.
• Greet customers when entering and thanking customers when exiting.
• Aiding the museum shop reach its per capita sales requirements with proper sales techniques.
• Maintains store appearance and product presentation to organization standards.
• Proper and professional handling of phone inquiries.
• Adhere to and enforce museum shop guidelines.
• Be available to work 24-40 hours per week. Be flexible to work weekends, holidays and evenings as assigned.
• Be available to attend any trainings or meetings as requested by the museum shop manager.
• Additional duties as assigned.
The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is seeking energetic, sales minded individuals to work part-time or seasonal in our Museum and/or Book Store. The successful members of our team will possess enthusiasm for what they do, excellent customer service skills and a keen interest to promote our exciting product line, all while working in a fun atmosphere with flexible scheduling. Part-time positions would be year round with a maximum of 28 hours per week.
The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is seeking individuals who are outgoing, self-motivated, and customer oriented for part-time positions with our Membership team. Responsibilities will include on-site sales of new memberships and all aspects of customer service for our existing members. Part-time positions would be year round with a maximum of 28 hours per week.