Working as part of the Exhibits and Design team and collaborating across multiple departments, the Graphic Designer will design and produce a wide array of graphic projects including, but not limited to, exhibit graphics; museum communications; print collateral; advertisements; education and programming; membership offers; event and fundraising materials; and content for all digital applications. It is crucial that the Designer can visually integrate the museum’s goals and vision and translate that vision to all of the museum’s audiences.
Primary Job Functions
• Shares in the exhibition planning process with curatorial and exhibit staff in developing and designing interesting and stimulating visual presentation for informative, educational museum exhibitions.
• Produces graphics related to exhibitions.
• Coordinates and oversees production of graphics.
• Participates in installation of exhibits.
• Designs materials for brochures, mailings, advertisements, and promotions, as well as digital content for social media and web needs.
• Designs and produces production-ready artwork as required.
Secondary Job Functions
• Participates, provides setup and support, and assists in HOF Induction Weekend, HOF Classic Weekend, any other special events and installations as instructed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Illustration, Digital Media, or related field required.
• 2-4 years of experience designing graphics for a museum or arts organization.
• A sample of produced work must accompany resume and cover letter.
• Demonstrated expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop). Ability to work with multiple operating systems (Mac and PC).
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Capable of using hands to feel and manipulate tools and materials, and reaching with hands and arms. Employee must be able lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.